Professional Experience :
1) 29 years of active Journalism in conflict areas of North-East India.
2) Served DAINIK JANAMBHUMI in the Capacity of a Principal Correspondent, from 1/3/1987 to 31/12/1994. 3) Served ASOMIYA PRATIDIN in the Capacity of Chief Reporter from 1/1.1995 to 28/2/1997.
4) Served DAINIK ASOM in the Capacity of Chief Reporter from 1/ 3/1997 to 15/8/2005.
5) Joined AMAR ASOM as Executive Editor on 16/8/2005 and worked till 30th June 2015 in that capacity.
6) Elevated to the post of EDITOR of ‘Amar Asom’ on 1st July, 2015 and have been working till date.
International Fellowship :
Receipent of Rotary International Peace felloship 2015 and studied on ‘Conflict Resolution’ at CHULALONGKORN University, Bangkok.
Conflicts Covered :
1) Bodo-Assamese Conflict at Kokrajhar since 1987.
2) Bodo-Muslim Conflict in 1991.
3) Nepali-Khasi Conflict in Meghalaya in 1988.
4) Kuki-Naga Conflict in Manipur in 1988 to 2001.
5) Bodo-Adibasi Conflict in 1996.
6) Kuki-Karbi Conflict.
7) Bodo-Muslim Conflict in 2012.
8) Kuki-Dimasa Conflict in 2005.
9) Naga-Meitei Conflict etc.
Books Written :
1) JOLONGAR MEKURI (Political Sattire)
2) Col. ANTHONIR EPITAPH (A short story collection)
1) Received MAJA KOENE International Journalism Award for social journalism, instituted by CESCI foundation, Switzerland (2015)
International Seminars Attended :
1) International Seminar on Conflict Resolution organised by PANOS-SOUTH ASIA at Kathmandu, Nepal in 2008.
2) International Seminar on water dispute between India and Bangladesh organised by IUCN at Bangkok in 2010.
3) International Seminar on Conflict and Journalism organised by SAARC media organisation at India International Center at New Delhi.
4) International Seminar on Indo-Bangladesh water sharing, chaired by Bangladesh High Commission, at Maulana Abdul Kalam Institute for Asian Studies, Kolkata Nov 2014.
Article Written : More than 500 Articles written in different Papers and Journals.
Teaching : Visiting lecturer, Mass Com department Cotton College, Guwahati.
Broadcasting : Regular Broadcasater of Doordarshan, AIR and other News Channels